Tuesday 5 May 2009

Silver Linings


Today I have been doing the soon to be Mother-in-Laws ironing. A task to help tide us over financially whilst I look for a job. It has now been two months since I returned from Venezuela and still not a sausage. There have been many glimpses of light which have unfortunately not materialised into a blue sky yet. Not that I have given up hope though. It's just an awkward time to be looking and at an awkward point in my life. And a good friend of mine may have offered a lifeline. We will see. But what it has afforded me is time. Lots of it. To bake. To learn to knit. To sew. To use my previously untouched sewing machine. To start drawing again. To plan the wedding. To find inspiration again. To get back into Neighbours! There are always many silver linings. A previously undomesticated woman can now iron.

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely. I think you have the beginnings of a really appealing blog. I look forward to more posts. x

    ReplyDelete